Monday, July 6, 2009

Hi - if anyone is reading this, then welcome to my blog. This is all new to me, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I will find time to post regularly as well as read all the other inspiring blogs I have stumbled across.


Maybe I should say something about myself and why I have begun this blog....my main passion is making miniature food....I work with polymer clay. I am always trying to learn more, and get better. Every time I make something new, I am so excited. It's hard to send things off to their new homes sometimes, but I am glad that people like my work enough to buy it, because that gives me the excuse to make more. I often find that projects are bubbling away in my brain for absolutely ages before I find the time and inspiration to get started on them.


These are some of the projects I have been working on lately:
This litte prep board was for a customer who remembered her aunt making Fruit Salad Jam and wanted me to make her a prep board for it. Well, I had never heard of Fruit Salad Jam and the only recipes I could find for it anywhere used dried fruit, but my customer remembered her aunt using fruit from the fruit bowl, particularly peaches and passionfruit, so I made a board filled with fresh fruit for her....and of course the fruit bowl had to be included too! I am so pleased with my little kiwifruit - all fuzzy like the real ones. I like the colour of the passionfruit too.

No comments: