Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shabby Chic Bunting

For ages, I have been meaning to make some shabby chic bunting for my little cottage. It's not hard to DO it, just hard to find time, unfortunately.



I printed out some pretty Cath Kidston patterns on printable cotton fabric (which I managed to find in NEW ZEALAND!!) and spent a happy little while cutting out little triangles and messing around with glue. I am really happy with my bunting - it looks so pretty hanging over the living room mirror. Now I have to figure out how to make some tiny fairy lights


I want to make some fairy lights to drape over the ladder in the living room - they have to actually light up of course.







I found this photo of some beautiful fairy lights shaped like roses - these are full sized ones but I would love something like this in miniature for the shabby cottage.



I have had one try at this already but only succeeded in detaching a very important and very thin wire from the string of tiny lights I had bought. I couldn't fix them so that was the end of that attempt. Maybe it's time I tried again!

18 comments:

Lataina said...

ooh, Carolyn I love, love, love! The bunting is soooo cute, and your living room keeps looking better and better with every addition!!! =)

temari by the sea said...

Everything is so beautiful! The flags are super chic! I hope you get to make the lights as I think it would a wonderful addition.

TreeFeathers said...

Very pretty, Carolyn! The whole room is lovely. I bet you could make little flowers out of polymer clay to attach to a string of tiny lights, paper would probably be too flammable.

- Grace

La Belle Brigante said...

how lovely and fresh it all looks!!
maybe you could ruche silk 1 or 2 mm silk ribbon for around the lights?

Unknown said...

Que bonito se ve. Es tan limpio todo¡¡¡

Lo de las luces es una gran idea. Suerte. Un abrazo Carmen

Ana said...

Precioso¡¡¡como todo lo que haces¡¡¡ Con muy buen gusto y con unos colores muy lindos¡¡¡Muy buen trabajo¡¡¡¡Felicidades

shannonc60 said...

I've thought about the flower fairy lights too. Maybe LEDs would be the best bet as they wouldn't get so hot. Anyways, good luck!

Kikka N said...

So PRETTY!
Love the colours, the flowers...

Nina in Germany said...

I love this little scene, very nice.
Nina

Lady Jane said...

I love your room. Shabby Chic is growing stronger all the time. You have gotten so many good ideas for your lites. I like the led and clay ideas. Cant wait to see what you do. L J

Unknown said...

Yo probaria hacer las flores con luces de Navidad. Aqui te dejo un link para que veas lo que digo http://www.elrastrillodeviti.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/RV_2045_490dafed92a1b.jpg

Besos

Irene said...

The flags are a lovely idea and I wish you luck with the lights!

Gonda said...

Wonderful scene, and the flowerlamps, great!

Jackie said...

Love your bunting, I have made some too but usually from paper. Maybe jewellery findings round led lights would work though they may be too rigid. Or petals cut from a real size silk flower - I'm sure you'll figure something out :-)

Flora said...

I love everything you do, and this is no different: fabulous example of patience and skill :-)
Your cottage is always more inviting :-)
I embrace you with affection, when I'm sad, I go to see your dishes, and life returns to smile :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

Patty said...

Carolyn, I love your bunting!! It is so perfect for your shabby little cottage! I love your idea of the little lights! I am sure you will figure out how to make them and they will be perfect!!

Janne said...

The flags are a lovely idea,It is so perfect for your shabby cottage.

Janne

The Fairy Light Company said...

I own the company that makes the rose fairy lights that you like. I have tiny bulbs you Can use for your miniature! Email me thru www.fairylight.co.nz cheers kimberli