Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pastel Cake

It's the middle of the lovely summer holidays here, and our family has spent all our time lately kayaking on the local rivers, having long, hot days at the beach, and visiting the local waterholes. It's been absolutely lovely. I have a few days left before I go back to work.

But one day, it rained!!!

And I had time to make some miniatures. My miniature making stalls big-time in summer, because I am outside playing. It's very good for the soul!

When I announced the winner one of my giveaways, I posted this picture of a cake and someone thought it was a miniature cake. It wasn't.....I had found the picture somewhere on the web and really liked its pretty shabby colours. Ever since reading the comment about it being a miniature cake, I have had it in the back of my mind to have a go at making a miniature version.

So on our one rainy day recently, I made this little cake. I think it looks pretty on these little spotty plates.

I made a few little macaroons too.....I have a very big problem - there is NO MORE ROOM in my little shabby cottage for any more baking!!! It already looks overfull. I need to make a bakery and cafe scene, so that I can move all these cakes out and put some OTHER sorts of accessories in the shabby cottage!

15 comments:

Lena said...

It looks delicius! Have a great holiday!

Lena!

Minimami said...

Very shabby chic! I love it!

TINK - SONIA said...

Hi Carolyn, your rainbow cake is a sweet and perfect macaroons. I encourage you to make a small bakery to continue enjoying your mini marvels. A warm greeting from Spain.
I invite you to participate in my giveaway.

Christine said...

I think you could make a lovely teashop attached to a bakery and I could come and sip tea and admire your china. :)

by Sonya said...

Your miniature cake is fantastic!I love it!
Have you made it with Fimo?I Would like a slice of it!:-))
Love
Sonya

Drora's minimundo said...

With such fabulous cakes your cafteria will be a big success.

Catherine / Mooghiscath said...

très belles couleurs pastels

Daydreamer said...

Carolyn, your cake looks delicious! I am so glad to know you are enjoying the beach and outdoors now, as the snow falls on my world here in the north! We are "hunkered down" as they say hereabouts!
I agree with the others.... you have to do a bakery or tea room for sure! :)

Caroline said...

The miniature ones look just as good! I will have to try my hand at mini food one day. This is all so new to me...and those pink dotted plates are the icing on the cake!!

Patty said...

Carolyn, I love the cake and the macarons! They came out wonderful. I am hoping(sorry) that you get just a little more rain so you have more things to share!!!!

Lataina said...

Carolyn your cake is fantastic! Love the colors. Can't wait to see in what beautiful scene all your goodies end up. =)

minimariba said...

Wonderful your cakes!! and wonderful Christmas in summer!!!!
Mini kisses
Mariarita

MiniLover said...

Carolyn, if your cottage is too full for more baking, my patisserie can always use new and beautiful cakes like your pastel cake! And macaroons! I will email you.

Sophia

María José- LugArt petit said...

MMMMMMMmm! que pinta deliciosa tiene el pastel! Dan ganas de comerlo. Felicidades!
Besos

Maxi said...

Sehr schöne Sachen hast du, ganz toll

LG Maxi