Sunday, May 30, 2010

A little birdsnest on the new bookcase


Today I have made bookcase for the living room in the shabby cottage - I had a lot of fun making it look old by scratching it with my pocket knife and doing lots of sanding and painting over with dirty coloured paint. I like this green, although I'll never be able to recreate it as I just mixed some dirty wash water with some paint I had and slopped in some more black and green. I have a LOT of bookmaking to do now!!!!


I also made this little framed picture out of a cute little button.....but my absolute favourite is this little birdnest with its three tiny blue eggs! It is made from florists wire and coconut fibre and the eggs are polymer clay. All made at midnight last night (hubby is away so I can stay up miles too late!)
Also, I have been making some old wire baskets, thanks to Mercedes, who posted a link to the tutorial on her blog. The birdcage I found at a junk stall - I think it used to be an earring. It is perfectly "old and shabby" already. The wirework was fun to do....not sure about the quality of the very small basket - I might redo that one - and also don't know what I'll do with the little basket with jars, but it was fun to have a play around.



Thank you so much to my new followers and to those of you who take the time to comment - it is so nice to hear from you and I really appreciate your time!!

8 comments:

Flora said...

Happened to me to be able to get a color after several attempts and after ... not knowing how to do it! Patience: satisfied the library, which is fantastic! How do the books? I'm always looking for beautiful covers ...
A hug, you're talented :-)
Flora

miniacollection said...

Great bookcase, I love the colour.
The plates are gorgeous, lovely frame with the flower.
Geneviève

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

It all looks great!
You must have a lot more patience than me to make so many baskets!
Mercedes

Meli Abellán said...

It's lovely!!! I love the bookcase and the bird nest!!! The baskets are so well done!!
Congratulations
Meli

Lene said...

Hi Caro. It's a very nice bookcase, and I think you've succeded to make it look shabby and old. I also like the little birds nest.

Heather said...

I love your style. I really like what you've done with the plates.

Marion said...

It's looking great. If I am not mistaken you did well at the bookmaking workshop :-) so I expect that you'll have lots of books in no time. However, I personally would perhaps cheat and make a few 'block-books' in between the others..... ;-) I keep following your blog. I just love shabby chic

Tricia said...

I think what you have done on your little cottage is just soooooooooooooooooo lovely. My next house will have to be shabby chic.