Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Getting Started



Just a short post today, but there is more to come another day.  I am so excited, because after a non-creative period that has lasted nearly TWO YEARS (omg - that is quite shameful!!), I have finally decided on my next project.  So that is exciting and encouraging.

I am feeling happy today because I have managed to complete a couple of commissions for my Etsy shop.  One of my customers in particular has been VERY patient while I moved house and finally gathered all my craft stuff back together and got back into it. 



My favourite thing that I made yesterday is this little framed picture - I love the way the pansies spill out of the frame.  And I decided to try using a crackle finish - I know it's hard to get the crackles to work in 1/12 scale - you need the thinnest possible layer of crackle glaze and then the thinnest, quickest layer of paint laid over the top of it.  Anyway, I'm quite happy with this finish - pale purple underneath and showing through the crackles.  I layered a few watercolours over the top of the white paint and it looks really pretty now.  It's in my Etsy shop but it might migrate back into my dollshouse if no-one else wants it, as it's cute.



Anyway, short and sweet today but see you again soon.....

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Welcome back to Blogland!

Lovely new work. I am glad you are making things again. Hope to see more posts soon. XXX

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Carolyn is back!! So good to see you're able to create and enjoy again :)

Kikka N said...

Such Lovely works. I love the the pansies!The painting is very "Happy".
Hugs
KIkka

Fabiola said...

Your paintings are wonderful.

miniacollection said...

I'm glad to see you back and hope to see more posts soon. Gorgeous work!
Geneviève

SaMiRa73 said...

So nice to see you back in Blogland and that you are making wonderful minis again!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I Love them a lot

Unknown said...

Lovely work!!

Frederica said...

Hi Carolyn , They are beautiful and i am so excited youre back in the game and have opened your Etsy shop again
love from Frederica

Flora said...

See how the innovations bring new energy and inspiration?
Really curious to know how to evolve...
Hugs,
Flora